Tuesday, May 31, 2011

SHORT FICTION: Slug graffiti dog

(Graffiti by Slug at Oxford St, Bondi Junction, Sydney)

Today I asked a police officer for information. He said "I'm new here, I'm not the best person to speak to."

I asked if there was someone else that would help. "Not really, I'm not sure who would be able to".

He said it'd be better to send something to him in writing. He'd help me that way, he said. "Here, send it to this fax number."

I wrote the fax number down and asked if there was also an email I could reach him on. "Use that for now," he said.

I said thanks and hung up.

I called a neighbouring police station and spoke to an officer at the switchboard. I explained my story to her, what I was after, and that the other officer had asked me to send a fax.

She laughed. I laughed with her, enjoying the irony like it was a sugared almond.

"Ah-ha. Well. Their station also covers ours, so if he doesn't want to say anything, then I'd be pretty stupid to."

I said thanks and hung up.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Slug Graffiti On Railway Track


Will Coles Phone Sculpture (gay-themed short fiction)







No comments: